And while I'm at it, I'll give you a little update on Oliver and Kiran. We hit a few rough spots with obedience with Kiran, but really if you slow down and just fill her little heart with love and attention she will show you her best side. It's hard to find time to do that 100% though, sadly. I want to, though. I'm going to try harder, and I hope she will too. There are a lot of fits right now, ones that seem unnecessary, but under it all something is probably going on. Isn't there always.
She is doing fabulous in school. REALLY great! Her teachers all adore her! And Ms. Neder was walking in this morning and nudged me "yeah, um 4 going on 100....the girl is just so into Science, you're so lucky" - THAT'S WHAT I'VE BEEN SAYING. It was really a huge compliment to me. I've been thinking about this a lot lately! When you watch the way she place and what her interests are, you would be amazed at how much they fall under that catagory. And she's eager to learn something new when it comes to science. And the fact of it is, science is everywhere. Not every kid cares about that. I didn't when I was young. We are blessed. I love it when someone else recognizes something that I think only I see, especially a teacher. Others believe in her the way I do.
Oliver is growing to be just like is big sister! If he can ever get past his balloon obsession he might get really into books like she is. Funniest thing happened this morning - he was dreaming in the car on the way to daycare, and as soon as he snapped out of when I opened the back car door he said, "Ba-oon" instantly. It gets better, right after that he began nodding off again and said boon in this drifting tone that sort of diminishes at the end as his eyes roll back in his head. I nearly fell on my butt laughing. It was hysterical.He is consumed in the idea of balloons still. they don't fall like the other things, but he's learning they do eventually waft towards the floor. It's a bizarre thing.
He's still in the 95% for height so he's pretty tall like his sister. And we're all in agreement that the two of them are looking more and more alike. He's a talker these days. His latest word is Leche, and even said "Kiki" this morning twice as we pointed to Kirans classroom from outside her school! I've heard over 35 words come out of his mouth which is impressive for a 13 month old! But he doesn't use them regularly. Over the weekend he pointed to matty and said "Dog" then barked right after her. He's got the hang of things, doesn't he.
In some area's he's a little too far ahead. He's been hitting me on the arm to get a reaction when I change him. He'll get mad that I've layed him down, he'll hit me and look right in my eyes for response. He's very calm when he does this because he knows already we're engaged. It's the strangest thing. He looks at me like a 5 year old would and I could nearly cry when I see that stare...that desire for reaction. I can't even describe it. The first time I just put his hand down and said we don't hit and gave him a hug and all that, or kissed his hand, or even said gentle hands because he'll actually do that cute soft hand down your face and smile at you. But he's done it now a few times with that same cold stare. Now I get really upset and I'll tell him we don't hit, remove his hand and remove us from that room where he's getting the reaction from me...like I would kiran who is 4!!!! then hug him or kiss his hand and he forgets all about it. It's unbelievable. It's not just "playing" trust a mother who watches this go on.
Doesn't matter as long as he learns, but it's scarey how they understand so much.
We love him.
Enjoy this pics...the yellow suit was evans when he was little. I need some side-by-side comparison pics...hope to drag those out for you soon!







CLICK ME, I STILL HAVE MY LASHES!



1 comment:
Just about the cutest kids ever! What crazy person would have their Christmas tree up already!
Post a Comment