
For the next 5 years, I'm safe from pregnancy now thanks to the IUD, Merina. Oliver and I paid another visit to the OBGYN yesterday for a very long and safe contraceptive and I couldn't help be feel very sad and scared to think I may not ever have another of him! or another little Kiran. FIVE YEARS FOLKS! I realize people have babies at 32, but I can tell you when I reach 30 I won't have the desire to go through all that again. I want my kids very close in age, and I want the energy I have right now.
But we also have good reasons to stop at two. Financially we can't manage another kid. They say you can't tell the difference between 3 and 4 kids, but 2 and 3 it's still quite noticeable. About 10K-12K a year; 170,000 by the time they leave home....then you pay for college ;) ha.
It also takes time and attention away from the two beautiful children we have. Kiran's getting into sports and other school activities, homework and extra study every night. Oliver is going to be in her footsteps. But is that really an excuse? How does every other well-knit family of 5 handle it? We're built and equipped to juggle these things, but for now I need to continue filling myself with excuses so that I'm okay with this.
Lastly, I would absolutely love to adopt for so many reasons. I don't think Evan is of the same opinion on this but if I can't talk him into one maybe i can talk him into the other!
Anyways, the appointment was pretty interesting. Oliver was once again really protective of me. He cried as soon as my doctor came in, certain he would try to hurt me. So he allowed oliver to sit on my stomach during the procedure. Well Oliver proceeded to bounce so this was far from comfortable. And the doctor actually broke the first device and very impatiently had assistant fetch another. Not awkward at all! Oh and this wasn't Oliver's fault. Lets just blame my cervix for now.
Just like the old days, I was on Dr. Cone's table, with Oliver situated on my tummy, but this time above the skin.

No comments:
Post a Comment