Tuesday, June 16, 2009

24 days left

Yesterday was awesome! I stayed awake past 8, which is a sign that I'm still in my mid-20's. Now, when I hit 28, who cares what time I go to bed?!

I got a good laugh hearing Daddy muse over stories of throwing paper airplanes in Grandma's hair.......while on the phone with Grandma!! He uses the story in a lesson with the kids he teaches at camp. In my heart I was laughing like a kid, just like the students were I'm sure.

Hearing the whole airplane story dredged up a flood of childhood memories. It's more like little Vignette's of my youth and I mostly see Mandy. Most importantly, I always feel like a kid when I get access to those chapters of my life again. I really don't often think of them and sort of feel like I'm not allowed to. It's strange. SO.....that was neat. That was my great little moment of being 27 for the day. And spending the day with daddy on his birthday was marvelous, too!

No comments: