Thursday, June 18, 2009

23 days left

Ok, so it's been a little confusing with my countdown so I decided to change the title of my last few posts and recap what i've been jabbering about.

I've spent the last few months dreading 28, but realizing now that it's coming even if it is unwelcome here. I've really enjoyed 27, for it's intimacy with the term "mid-twenties" and I have to say goodbye to that now. My plan was to make sure I spend the last 29 days wide open, so that I didn't regret not enjoying what was left of 27.

I like posting what I've enjoyed about each day, and it also drags me to the blog which is a really good habbit get into!

I’m a little behind on posts this week, but I’ll try my best! Tuesday the kids and I got to spend time with my friend of 24 years. That does make me sound old, but it doesn’t make feel old…which is a step in a good direction! Mandy came over and we hardly got a personal word in because Kiran wanted to play Guess Who, then she wanted to draw clocks for us both (insert that confused face with shrugged shoulders on each side here).

I had to defuse a few fits, soothe the baby, change a poo, make a meal that wasn’t good enough, then make another that they also didn’t feel was adequate and so…..snacks it was! You get the point, we were mainly alongside each other, grinning and wondering when we’d get the next word in and trying to make plans to see each other away from the kids. But it was fantastic to see the bond Oliver finally got to make with Aunt Mandy. He loved her. She’s just as fun as she was when she was 4, so who couldn’t?!

No comments: