Thursday, June 26, 2008

I can't hide the excitement!

I got to spend the morning at Helms filling out paper work...and I'll get to more of that in a minute.

Helms is the new DUAL LANGUAGE MAGNET SCHOOL Kiran got accepted to about 2 months back. We are thrilled, and I think she will be too. There is so much at her fingertips here with books, teachers, and everything that surrounds her.

I took a picture of the school as I walked up this morning (with my phone, sorry) and I'm telling you, it felt like MY first day of school. I get a great feeling when I walk into the building. Perhaps I'm just excited about higher education and all the new wonderful friends.



This is an aweful pictures of hte pre-k room. it's about the size of my house in actuality, and there are fully loaded bookshelves on every wall. cusions, colors, projects and everything else. and guess what was missing?! A TV! Well, I lie becuase htere was a flat screen hanging, but it clearly isn't something they use [as a babysitter]. The place is fabulous! And I even got to sign some form agreeing to do what I already do, which is "read to my child 30 minutes a day" and agreeing to let them send books home. I feel like I should be paying for such a gift!



Hmmm, paying....that brings me back to forms. For some odd reason I had to do the whole application again, including salary information. We were issued the pink acceptance letter, which means tuition free, or scholarship/grant, SOMETHING. So I'm not sure why this is all being considered once again. I will have a firm answer tomorrow, but I can't help but worry something has changed. Tuition is high so we may make other decisions, but we'll be keeping our fingers crossed! If for some reason we are denied, I'd be pretty upset because we missed any chance of applying to a public school as we thought we were already accepted.

Head of PTA at Helms lives around the corner from us and they are the neatest little family. We scheduled a play date last friday so kids going into the same Pre-K class could get to know each other over the summer. We hoped this would ease the first day jitters. It sort of fell through, but Kiran did make a fabulous new friend who just turned 4. They couldn't be more alike! They were adorable together. In fact, another play date happens at our house tonight! How exciting!

2 comments:

Jannie Funster said...

Congrats on the school acceptance. I know how great that feels.

I remember when my daughter was 2 and we got the call from the Montessori school that she could start next fall. I was walking on air for days!

A Jannie, who stumbled on your blog.

JC said...

It looks like such a happy place. I know Kiran will love it!