my FIRST decision was that I was far above a comfortable weight for myself
my SECOND decision was to do something about it
my THIRD was to join Weight Watchers
my FOURTH was to share my progress with you.
I decided on WW for several reasons. For one, I have known lots of people to go on it and find a bit of success with it. I didn't even look into it when I first heard, but then when I realized I had gained about 9lbs somewhere in the last 3 weeks I put the breaks on. How did this happen?! I just had a baby 8 months ago and I'm supposed to be going down a few sizes, not up One. So my husband mentioend WW again just to check out. I did.
The first thing that hung me in there was the testimonials and message boards. I am not too happy when I visit a website and read a testemonial from some perfect stranger and not have the ability to ask them questions. You can't possibly believe that success is real. With WW, you can talk to anyone , watch them reach there mini-goals, then go beyond that, etc. It makes perfect sense!
One other thing that really had me going was the varieties for a vegetarian - or anyone with specific diets they've practiced for years. I'm going on 14 years of the veggie diet and love it.
The kicker though: I had NO IDEA I was eating way too many calories per day. I really had that mentality that if I eat healthy foods and even healthier foods than that, I'd be alright. When I started looking into the points system and figuring out what I should be eating in order to actually burn calories instead of store them as fat - I was beyond shocked.
So, yes...this will be struggle. But I'm already winning this battle. I will do weigh-in's once a week so the pressure is ON.
I began pilates 1 month ago, so my results are a combination of diet, exercise and hopefully the proper amount of sleep - as that plays a HUGE part in all of this.
Last Thursday I just began this system and here's the results already!:
************************************
May 29, 2008 Weight: 149-150
June 05, 2008 Weight: 142-143
That's a 7lb loss, folks! YIPEE! And what I absolutely love about pilates, aside from the fact that my arms are so sore i can hardly type right now, is that my love handles have nearly fully melted. Yes, I still look pregnant, but I'm working on that baby gut too.
Now that this is out there, the pressure will set in! Although, I think just focusing on myself I've done pretty well. I don't expect to lose 7lbs every week, but I think mini-goals will be about 1-2 (hopefully 2).
Here's to "sort of" starving....I mean working my butt off!
Cheers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
So proud of you. that's really awesome
So proud of you!! That's really awesome.
So proud of you. That's really awesome!!!
ah, thanks hon! it will very much slow down from here on out, but it was a nice head start.
I didn't know you were doing that. I'm so proud of you. Guess I should have picked up on the whole "points" thing Friday. Dick and I love WW ice cream sandwiches (2 points) and fudgecicles (1 point). Continue to do well!
Mom, didn't you notice the 1 POINT Cafe Latte popcicles in my freezer?! sooo yummy!
Post a Comment