Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Pardon all of my references!

Like every other little boy, in America at least, Oliver has devoted his early years to the movie Cars®. First we were head-over-wheels (hee haw!) with Tow-Mater, but without the "tuh". And for whatever reason he swapped for the powers that be, Sheriff and Judge. It's been these two in the ghost light, i mean SPOTLIGHT ever since.
As we drive down Main street on our return from work and school we like to point out "Judge". Now this is just someone's old-timey classic car that resembles Judge, and I'll have to say the protective awning covering the top half helps make this a good imitation. He gets so happy when he see's it though. He first asked if he would talk to him. I never stopped to get out and see it again after that first time so that we didn't lose the magic.
Our downtown now has a newly opened Police Museum. I just happened along their window one day and saw "Sheriff", and his left two lugnuts, right there in the window. Now this was more like the real deal folks. Even I sort of got that tingling sparkling feeling. I don't know if it's because i was so happy to see him or that I knew Oliver would absolutely flip. Either way that's evidence that I'm a totally loving mom right?! LOL.
We spent a saturday riding the lightrail train for oliver, only slightly self-concsious about the fact that what was a field trip to us was most likely just another unpleasant day of public transportation for others. Anyhow, we finally made it downtown to 1200 Travis to get a glimpse of Sheriff from the window. Turns out it was a museum that opened last week and when they saw us peering through the window they invited us in. First were the metal detectors, purse inspections, ID's and nametags of course, but then we had access! The best access in the whole world!

It was truly cool day that I wanted to share with you all. And like my title says, I am sorry for all the movie references. After 100 viewings of the movie it just slips right in there. The Dugat's also help cement this into the everyday things! :-)









1 comment:

JC said...

What a whoppin' fun day. I only wish I could have been there to watch every minute of enjoyment!