I seriously can't believe she's grown so much, so fast, so beautifully! My koops is a whole new koops and it happened right in front of my face at the time I happened to blink. Her awards ceremony took place last friday where she performed and received a certificate of "Excellence in Science". The one thing that would make me most proud. Little "timmy" and others got awards for best eater or best leader....so this is one to make a mommy really proud!



Yesterday wrapped up her first, and not last, session of gymnastics. That's yet another thing she has tried and succeeded at. She had more one-on-one time with the coach yesterday because of all of the other kids that were done with class this week too.
As I sat there and watched I got to compare it to our first day, knowing it would be the last for a while. Her rolls, supported backbends, her balancing beam hops and tumbles, and most of all her skills on the bars! She has much more strength and control of herself in pretty much every area she worked in. She can do all sorts of flips and "hand stands" as she calls them, on the bars now. The cart wheel while not perfect has come a loooong way also. ;-)This is something I've decided to let her stick with should she choose to. But next up, next up!....
We gotta keep them busy now that summer is here. First we'll start with 10 straight committed days to swim lessons at UofH. This time for both kids despite the cost. This is incredibly worth it and pool safety is a big one this time of year. Oliver and I will do these together for his 4:30 session, provided that I make it ont ime from work for that many days in a row! Kiran will be a level up from last summer and has a session right after oliver and i.
It doesn't end there. We've already paid for her summer writing camp again as well. She'll spend 3 weeks doing that with Daddy while he teaches in another class at the camp. Oliver will be with me practicing writing his "o's" in preparation for poetry! :-)

No comments:
Post a Comment