Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Mothers Day - 365 days a year

I truly feel I get that sort of love and affection from both Evan and the kids year-round. Mothers day was terrific, but they do sweet things to "celebrate their love" (hee haw) all the time and we try to make each other feel special.

My dad has a few pics from our visit to Arlington. I'll be posting my own when I upload them from my camera. Those of you who follow my blog know that means when I have Kiran's july birthday pics up you might get to see these Mothers Day pics! ;-)

I had an unfortunate business trip to Philly last week where, one after another, things went wrong. Missed flight, they lost my briefcase, then they delivered my laptop WAY late, then I find it's cracked and will not be reimbursed for damage they caused, paid extra to get home a day early because I scheduled all wrong, and as I run down the landing strip with briefcase and pizza in hand I spill oil and grease all over my nice banana repub pants. I won't even go into detail about the 2-hour long breakfast seminar I presented at, nor the one the day before that I missed entirely.
Well, with all the anguish and misery going on, I headed back to my marriott on day 3 to find an amazing bouquet of flowers on the desk. I opened the card, knowing immediately that Evan had picked these out for me and had them delivered to cheer me up. They were called the "ZEN bouquet" and it was pretty much my therapy for the rest of my stay. Before I lost it and cried more, I called and got to talk to all of them. It was our 3rd wedding anniversary and though I was away I think I really got to celebrate instead of waiting until I got home. It was thoughtful - love that man!

Okay, for those who only care about pictures of dimples and beaming smiles, right along with grimaces and smirks from my kids, I present you with:









3 comments:

JC said...

Those two must have been awakened from a deep sleep to be so frowny. My grandchildren never look like that! But that last pic of Olly is worth a million!

JC said...

These cannot be my grandchildren. They never look this grumpy! Did someone wake them from a nap and make them pose for pictures? That last one of Olly though is stinkin' cute!

Erica said...

Eh, they were just completely exhausted from all the fun they had in dallas! :-) They actually did have a good time at Maurine's it's just not showing up in the pics. Oliver played his first game of football! It was adorable.