ok, if you know kiran and can hear her voice as you're reading this conversation she had with daddy this morning then you might find this as hilarious as i did!
kiran: what was that song Pops used to sing to you?
dad: home on the range (then he sings it)
kiran: did it take you a long time to drive to Dallas when you were a kid?
dad: I didn't have to, I lived there with Gammy and Pops. I didn't live in Houston
kiran: you didn't know about us?
dad: you weren't alive yet honey.
kiran: you mean I was dead?!
***
Oh my goodness! I guess I need to be prepared for the next 10 years for questions like this. Oliver, just turning 1 next month still has a few years to catch up to conversation this good. And the years beyond I'm sure hold even more exciting explanations.
In other news, registration is complete, Kiran attends her "Magnet" big kid school in just a week and a half! I hate that she has to say goodbye to all of the wonderful friends and teachers at Erinn's Heart Academy, but at least several of her friends are making the same courageous next steps to their own big kid schools. We are looking forward to Meet the Teachers night on the 22nd and "welcome back coffee" night on her first day of school. I invision me late to work every day that week because I'll be just way too excited!
If anyone is curious to learn more about the school (especially if you have youngins, and i know many of my friends are finally there now or heading that way) then you should check out their site: http://www.helmsduallanguage.org/
The huge round of birthdays are behind us, but two very important one's still lay ahead. Actually I'll make that 4 very important ones.
Oliver turns 1 September 30th and Jaxson Ryder turns 1 the next day, October 1st! They are close bros so we'll be celebrating together - you'll seem some invites from us soon!
Rowan (i think this is official) will be born any day now...my guess is about 6 days (on the 18th) Congrats ahead of time Jackie!
Delilah will be born, again my guess, the next day! These girls have due dates in early September but I do know they both will not make it! Congrats to Ashley!
Monique - you're next girl.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Oh my goodness!!! Nobody can say it like a four year old. It's so wonderful to know that Gammy and Pops are in that little brain. I'm sure Evan sings it better than Pops!
okay, kiran is hilarious! and wow...seeing my name next to a your next referencing babies just scared the crap out of me!
yeah, sorry monique, i'll try to get her to rein that in. but you did act very momma-like when kiran greeted the kroger floor with her chin that morning...
Post a Comment