I'll first draw attention to the adorable uniform. I added knee-highs for the full effect!


We were so excited all weekend...okay all summer...about this school. We've talked about it lots, and kept it fresh on all of our minds. Well, when the day came I just felt like I wasn't prepared! To add to this fear, as we walk up to the front door we see an 11 year old skateboard right past us! ELEVEN! Going to school with my little boo boo! This elevated my nervousness I think. We make it to the classroom for the spanish greeting. Turns out Kiran only gets about an hour of english every day and she is there until 3:15. Her teacher isn't allowed to speak english in the classroom, only spanish. They are serious about getting these kids fluent and everyone works so hard. Ms. Arocha seems like a really lovely teacher, so that certainly helps ease me. A few bawlers sort of got us off task, but I reminded Kiran that it's everyone's first day, some are shy, some are scared, some are excited. She did great though, fit right in and started building leggo's until instruction (IN SPANISH ONLY) began! ahhhh!
Some more pics of her school!





No comments:
Post a Comment