So I know I've been lazy with the weigh-in's, but to be honest, nothing has changed! Basically, I lost the 8-10lbs I gained suddenly in like two weeks and I'm just the same.
If I understand things correctly, my body is working against me. A normal triglyceride level is 150 and mine is 800. So I believe my body is holding onto every morsel of fat I give it. Usually it's someone obese who has the same level as me, someone who consumes a lot of fat. But as you all know I have an incredibly low fat diet as I've been vegetarian for 14 years. And even more recently began weight watchers and I pay attention to fat/fiber now more than ever. It's a bad gene. Sort of like having a bad thyroid and you can't lose weight. With exercise and dieting I have been unable to. It's just not fair. I have 25lbs I want to lose!
In other news, I have surgery tomorrow which I'm both loathing and waiting for! Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy. I will be happy to be rid of abdominal pain that lasts 8 -14 hours. I will be nervous that my body won't work well without the gallbladder, such as vomiting bile, which seems to be common. I've just read a lot about people having major problems after this surgery. The bloating and looking pregnant just never goes away or gets worse!
But we'll just look at the bright side until we know how it affects me. I have a wonderful surgeon with a good bedside manner and lots of experience. Oh, he's Board Certified! hee.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment