Wednesday, September 19, 2007

A setback...that's not so bad!

Well, at my doctors appt yesterday I was able to clarify the whole effacement progress, which terrified me last week when I understood it to be 100%. It turns out that 70% would be more accurate for this week. This is a good setback because once you're at 100% and already 3cm dilated like me, then you can get to 10 very easily - especially with it being my second baby. So, naturally I was thinking there was no way I was gonna have enough time to get ready for this delivery.
At this point, we have still made wonderful progress and I feel confident that we'll have him soon (and not go over the due date of oct. 5th) and that we'll be able to let him come on his own w/out inducing. If there's anything I want this time it's that. When Oliver is ready, Oliver will come.
I should sit back and enjoy my last week or two of ever being pregnant and feeling my body nurture and unborn child.
Oh, and clean! : )

No comments: