Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Pregnant for a few more days!

Well, hopefully.
Today we went to a regular scheduled check-up and not only did I expect for "no cervical changes" I kind of hoped to hear that. I know I dilate quickly and it would be so reassureing to know I can walk around, eat, enjoy the comforts of my home, and spend a few quiet moments of pain in PRIVATE before rushing into labor and delivery to meet my son. Now I'm back to the same fears I had when I worried over preterm labor.... Will I have my baby in the car?! HA.
Just in case, daddy has packed a nose sucker, hand sanatizer, and a really unappealing black trash bag to lay down on once we pull over the side of the road!

So, getting back to my progress: We are 3cm dilated and 100% or fully effaced. To those (ahem, michelle) who are about to google effacement: it's the thinning of the cervix. This means mine is paper thin and you can feel Olivers head just inside and very low. And just this morning I was convinced that I had a bowling ball between my legs! The dilation, of course is 3 of the full 10. This can take some first-time moms 18 hours to achieve....see why I worry about going quick?! 0-3 is early labor, then we move on to active labor from there...so it's any moment now.

I've read of women that will talk about the urge to push and it seems this is really hard to fight when you've dilated so far. I do not recall this with Kiran's delivery. In fact, I "fake-pushed" until the BF and my doctor were located and brought into the room. No way was I okay with pushing my baby out in the company of the new intern and no one else. Woman had LOST HER MIND!

So, after my doctor instructed me to put my clothes back on he also instructed me to NOT waste time if I think I'm in labor. Under a grin i was told to book an appointment for next Tuesday: "I'll see you next week....or....before then"

It's all a countdown now. In fact,....contractions seem to already be coming on 10 minutes apart. Whew.

No comments: