Sunday, November 4, 2012

Weigh-In # 1

UPDATE: Official Weigh-In for 11/5/12 was 135.2

As evident over the last 14 months, I am extremely busy and it has been a real challenge to make time for posts. It's not that I've lost interest, but I suppose I can say that I've lost touch. There are few friends I still keep in touch with from Houston, and the distance that has been put between me and many of them has doubled it seems. But I don't guess I'm missing out too much since it happened so naturally. The ones that really count are still there...and you know who you are!!!

All that nonsense above was really supposed to be an explanation of why I'm late doing my weigh-in. I started WW on a Friday but I set my weigh in days on Monday because I did it last time and it made the most sense.

That first week was pretty good. I think I lost about 2 pounds, but guess what happened next????? I gained about 7!!! You read that right. I can say that about 3 lbs of it was water weight but that means that mystery where I put on weight in like 3-4 lbs without changing a single thing is still occuring. Only this time I did change something.....my diet! I'm a gal who already eats pretty healthy, have been a vegetarian for almost 20 years, and enjoys snacking on raw Brussels sprouts. Me going on a diet speaks volumes about how contentious I am about what I put into my body. I've tracked my points, I haven't cheated a bit and I take track honestly and consistently throughout the day. And it's working and I feel a difference but then that strange gain occurs again! I've been to one of my doctors recently who was also concerned. And he wasn't upset with me for the fact that I stopped taking all of my medications all at once so that could also rule that out. He agreed that it's not a normal gain...not one we can attribute to stress, metabolism, and especially not diet. I've been given paperwork to take to a lab for bloodwork to rule out hypothyroidism, etc. I'll let you know those findings, if any, when I get the time off work to get that blood drawn. (downside to no longer working for a hospital, eh??)

So, for those of you skimming, I started weight watchers at about 137/138 lbs. I got down to 134.4 after 5 days, and then it shot all the way up to like 142!!!! My official weigh in last Monday was like 137 again because of all that fluctuation. It was after that that it went up another three pounds as I can almost predict these days! But I've stuck within my points allowance and have brought it back down. I have another official weigh-in tomorrow morning and I'm thinking I'll see about 135.4 on the scale. We will see! At least I know the WW thing still works for me when I need it! If I could just figure out these random gains then all would be well! There is no guarantee that I won't sky rocket up a good 5 lbs after weighting in with a decent 2lb loss for the week.

I'm not going to stress it too much. Right now I just want to fit my suits and business clothes for work and then I'm completely satisfied with losing a pound or so each week until I reach my goal weight.

Wish me luck!

And very importantly, if you didn't get the opportunity to go vote early,  please do everything you can to make that happen this Tuesday. We are taking our kids with us again so they can have that experience of voting. I think it's important that they stay involved and aware.

I will try to post my weigh-in in the morning, but there is a chance I'll be a little late again!!

Cheers!!!

No comments: