Monday, November 1, 2010

Still Spinning

I don't think I have had a breather in about 4 or 5 days. It's like that last 4 weeks in your 3rd trimester of pregnancy where your baby is positioned just so, putting more pressure on your lungs, making it impossible. Well, my kids are on the outside with this very wearing pressure right on my nerves (somehow) and I just can't breathe! I don't know, I guess I just had so much to do! I stress very easily and I'm sure it has something to do with working for Neurosurgeons. You think?!

I am Secretary and Treasurer of the PTA at Oliver's School. I'm very honored for this role and want to help in every way. I am unable to assist as much for the PTA at Kiran's school though. I was planning on supporting their fall festival but ended up focusing on Oliver's. Friday I had to attend his and it actually was very successful! I rushed from there to band practice, then home to dinner. Daddy had the best vegetarian meatloaf and I think even bathed kids. Godsend! We tucked them in and I may have passed out due to exhaustion. He'll probably agree.

Saturday we awoke early to continue running errands to get our costumes in order. It was one store, to another, to another. Don't forget nap time! Wait, lunch and THEN nap time. Erica, don't forget to stress out because you forgot the kids DEFINITELY need to eat before napping and that you probably won't make it to that last store before getting them to bed on time.

I had a concert Saturday night and before then I was taking two friends to a Haunted House..Nightmare on the Bayou for those who live here and know of it. $30 a head plus a lousy t-shirt. We all thoroughly enjoyed it though. I still love that haunted house and get scared every time I go in. I'm not the "scaredy-cat" type at all, but there is something about the actors they hire there. The haunted hospital building we all went into was the creepiest. So, after my 30 minute long scream fest I had to go sing. la-la-la-la-la. Ok, TRY to sing is more like it, I totally wore my voice out. On a high note, if you'll enjoy my pun, we played with some great touring bands: Colour Revolt, The Eastman Si, and Mimicking Birds. There was one more I really loved and I can't remember their name. The singer was dressed up as Joaquin Phoenix (suit, sunglasses, super-scruffy beard). Excellent idea!

Yesterday, Finally, Halloween. Sam, had a very happy birthday party combined with the Halloween celebration. The party was just awesome. His parents always go all out for him. They built the best home-made haunted house I've ever seen in my entire life. Tied apples to tries, hid skeleton parts in their yard for the kids to hunt and piece together, set-up pumpkin ball bowling, had a pinata, goody bags, and for me....about 8 mopeds that they're working on and I have my eye on about 3 trying to figure out which I will buy when I'm done paying back daddy the money I owe him. It'll be years but I'll get there! :-)

Alas, costumes! I'll first thank Raygan and Jaxson for letting us borrow the Pirate Costume. Oliver just fell in love and I don't think he understood how cute he looked. He won best costume at The party last night and we got to school this morning to find out he also won best costume at his entire school as well! He doesn't understand it yet so much, but it will be neat to keep these awards and show him when he's older. He was really a sight to behold!



Kiran looked radiant as well! We ended up getting some cute boots and tights to go with her bee costume. We didn't punk it out as much as she wanted and didn't find time to braid her hair with black ribbon, but she was pleased with the costume anyways!

Sam was dressed as Harry Potter, the perfect I've ever seen! At school, Jaxson dressed as Oliver's little hero, Iron Man! Adorable! I have to put a pic of Mr. Chris the teach in Pre-K 3! He was dressed in an Avatar costume that made a few kids cry. I think that was really funny! (i just re-read my sentence, I sound like a really bad person!). So, this has gone on far too long. I'd actually keep typing but i need to get work done. We have doctors flying in for Oral exams next week and we have plenty to prepare for them. And just know that I brought not even ONE piece of candy into the office today. i knew better!







No comments: