Friday, October 15, 2010

Dallas, be good to them!

We (Hiss & Hum) thoroughly enjoyed playing with The Vaselines last night. Their record label hooked the entire crowd up! Hundreds got in free. Well, depending on your age! I believe I was a bit star struck but nevertheless i got over that and talked to them a bit (oddly about vegan food). Such a great group of Scotts! She even came and pottied in our dressing room! you should have seen the look on my face!

You missed out if you didn't see them play last night. I don't know if you missed out on us, but I sure loved playing last night. The sound guy was awesome. Thanks Joe! And the accomadations were probably the best I've had in a LONG time. I hope to play there again in the near future...with another band that pretty much made me get into music and start playing guitar when I was 13. I mean, come on, who gets to do that? I feel lucky. I've done it a few times now, and that one was just surreal! And it was all the better since daddy got to be there with me! Hiss & Hum photo creds go to daddy & and the Vaselines pics are mine.

I'm sure you'll especially love the picture of MY tour bus parked behind THEIR tour bus. By the way, we got a parking ticket for there. Will Sub Pop Records be willing to help out with that you think?!

Eugene Kelly, Frances, I love you!
















........................................

7 comments:

Mommy Minty said...

I just had to tell you that you are nothing short of amazing. The fact that you manage to be a mother of three, hold down a good job, and play in an awesome band is pretty freaking mystical to me. I too have three children and I am lucky if I find time to shower during the day. Go you. =P

JC said...

Three?
Was this the big night that you were so excited about? Looks like it went well. Love you!

Mommy Minty said...

Typo on my part. twin one year olds hinder your ability to think clearly. =)

JC said...

hee hee. I was just hoping you were right, Mommy Minty!

Erica said...

Well Mommy M, I would tell you like i tell the rest of the world, I want 3, or 13, or 30! I'd love more kids, but I'm finally coming to my senses and trying to enjoy the fact that my kids are now old enough for me to play music again finally. The husband is in Grad School so we're all keeping quite busy. The shower thing, it's a whole other subject anyways, right?! I can barely pull it together on weekends when I finally have a chance to get errands done. I'm probably waking up as early as you, a mother of two very young twins!

Anyways, if I get the chance to adopt an older child down the road, I will be more than set for life.

Thanks for stopping by. I'll go snoop on your page next!

Mommy Minty said...

My page has a whopping seven posts or something to that effect. I started the blog and then got picked up as a writer for Mom Houston so I never got very far with my own blog.

I love children too. They are absolutely magical. Unfortunately my husband said three was enough so i got my tubes tied with my last c-section. Plus if I went any further into the abyss of motherhood, I would probably have to give up shopping at Anthropologie. Haha. As it is I have already traded my fave bands for Elmo. =)

Erica said...

Are you an Anthropologie addict too? My goodness, I'm in great company! I never feel like I quite identify with anyone shopping in there, but boy do I love their clothes! And shoes, accessories, candles, shower curtains, bobbles, and and and and and and!

I just bought some peacock pumps at a very low price shockingly but i'm learning they aren't made of steel like I hoped. :-(