Tuesday, October 19, 2010

ha ha hee haw hah!

i'm in san francisco on a business trip, and have sadly yet to try out a restaurant or market that is recommended by "Heidi" on her vegetarian website (www.101cookbooks.com). I did have a nice dinner on the water overlooking the golden gate bridge last night with my boss, which was vegan with a fully organic wine list! The restaurant was called "Greens".
Okay, I can talk more about all of that in a later post, i'm just still cracking up at how i woke up this morning. My alarm went off probably around 5:30 and i hit snooze. First of all, mistake. If i think back to my Philly week-long meeting then i should have just known better. It would be "off with her head" had I actually been late. It's only 7:30 am here now.
So, I am sleeping great at the W Hotel. They have the "Heavenly" bed and I get like 80 down pillows to myself. (thank you poor dead ducks). Sure it's comfy, but I do wake up a few times at night for some reason and feel wide awake. It's odd. This morning I heard what sounded like 10 people in my own damn room cleaning, walking around in the bathroom, closing doors every 60 seconds. No dialogue, just rushing about. I finally snapped to just thinking wtf is going on?! I started to actually get angry. I thought it had to be 1:40 still (the last time I awoke in bed and looked at my clock). I'm coming to more and more, "What on earth could anyone have to do right now? Why are they awake? Why are they awake? Why are they awake?....HOLY CRUD, WHY AM I NOT AWAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I had peeked over to see my phone wasn't on the bedside which means one thing. It's lost in the sheets and rather than snooze i turned it off. i am SOOOO lucky it was only 5:30.

I just thought it was funny. I can write more about the trip...or trips...later. I head to philly tomorrow for another meeting and then finally back to my big love and little loves! I've said it before and will say it again. They pull off sounding both Younger than ever AND Older than ever over the phone. I guess you here the innocence in their voices and in your heart you just know you have these little dependents. That part means YOUNG. They are young and totally dependent on you. Their voices are small, they are small. But they are also smart. They are well spoken telling me all about their days and plans for the evening, side stories, the whole package. It's just adorable.
Daddy mentioned a REALLY twisted pun indeed last night that Kiran has made since i left the house. I don't have the back story on this and i'm not sure i want it, but Kiran says, "I'll cut off your two lips and throw them on your grave". I can only assume since he spelled out TWO LIPS and not tuplips, she really was making some sort of morbid reference.She's 6 man! This honestly does not surprise me one bit.
Funny kids.

okay time for my egg white scrambler, walnut toast,and get this - vegetarian sausage. They serve that downstairs at the xyz cafe. Isn't that nuts. As many nice hotels I've stayed at with crazy healthy options, I've NEVER seen veggie sausage. They're veggie burger with gruyere cheese actually blew me away Sunday as well.

i'm truly done guys, i need to get to work.

Daddy if you read this I love you!

No comments: