I am detoxing. Not dieting. Not fasting. Not starving (depending on the hour), just detoxing! This is such a satisfying experience, I have to say! I’m only on day 2 but I actually do feel a transformation.
This morning I woke up incredibly early, about 5am, but didn’t eat breakfast until nearly 9…and this is after about 34 hours of not putting much in my system calorie-wise. I had a small Fiber one yogurt with almonds added to it. I was full which is another shocker to me! I didn’t eat again until 11:30.
But lets take it from the start here. The what’s and the why’s have to be answered. I’ve been looking into several juice detoxes and while I don’t feel they’re too severe or anything it just felt odd jumping right into something like that. The whole purpose of a detox is to get rid of the toxins we carry around. I’m not the only one walking around poisoned, you are too my friend! But we really do have this addiction to unhealthy foods, sugars, salts, and other unnatural products. I don’t have a real problem with that, but I might to some degree. And a detox is a bit like rehab for drug addicts in my mind. Their purpose for going is to spend time off of drugs so that the body can stop craving them and can begin to heal itself. Then they can get a new start on life and hopefully clean themselves up and do what is right. I want that for my diet. I want to spend as many days as I can completely away from the foods I know I am addicted to and shouldn’t be eating as frequently. After a few days, my body will naturally lose that addiction as I fill it with the foods that are whole, raw, and nutritious. Those are the foods my body will then begin to crave (I HOPE!). And during this process my body can heal itself on the inside.
Now for the foods. I chose super foods only. If you don’t know what a super food is, you can google it to find out more but I am allowing myself to eat raw, uncooked foods that do not contain sugar (minus 1 or 2 that you’ll read about) and they are:
Broccoli
Oranges
Blueberries
Pumpkin / Carrots
Sweet Potato (haven’t bought any yet)
Beans
Spinach raw
Tomatoes
Walnuts
Almonds
Quinoa (a cooked grain)
Kiwi
Low Fat Yogurt (the cultures / live bacteria are perfect for a detox)
Black and Green Teas
I actually added in cauliflower, radish, and an itsy bitsy pinch of olive oil and lemon juice to spice up my quinoa.
The reason I am going into such detail about all of this is in case any of you feel like trying it. That way you have the list of foods that you can mix and match and hopefully will find a way to enjoy it like I have. I HONESTLY went into this thinking I would last maybe a whole day. I know that sounds ridiculous..with all those foods, just a day? I didn’t hold out much hope for some reason. My coworker is doing this with me and it helps to sort of hold each other up (even though this is actually pretty easy) and I asked her how long she thought she could do it. We said last week that we “would” do it for the first 3 days of this week. She very confidently said she’d do it for all 3 days, and I was shocked. Jealous. Then secretly confident as she. So, here I am at 1pm feeling totally full but have plenty of snacks near by just in case! It feels awesome! Do it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment