Friday, September 10, 2010

America's favorite vampire, "Edward"

Amber, Robert, Myself *and my HEADBAND!*, Gilbert. (evan's take on this photo: Hiss & Hum, some random vampire dude, and some other random girl!) tee hee








The awesomeness of a Friday night, but on a wednesday. A typical for local celebrity Erica Cleveland (or "Squerica", or "cruz" or "momma scandalous"....).
What did I do after band practice? I went to Dean's downtown in preparation for possibly another show as usual! Only this time I spent 5 hours hanging out with my peeps + Robert Pattinson (and HIS peeps). His friends Tom and Sam were actually really cool guys to be honest. They were all pretty chill, impressively chill maybe, and talented as well. I don't mean they have the ability to fly through tree's, or exist without warm blood and a heartbeat. He's not really a pale vampire like you just might think he is in real life. He went scruffy to do his best undercover indie look. He didn't pull it off in Lubbock, but oddly enough he told me he enjoyed that city. Wild right? What's in lubbock? well apparently a bunch of blood-thirsty teens, true Twi-Hards, who would wait outside of a venue for hours just to get a glimpse.

Anyways, past all the chit-chat, really cool guys. He walked me 4 blocks to my car so that nothing would happen to me, we grabbed my guitar, amicalbly argued over music and bands the entire way there and back, then we just hung out and jammed all night. He and Sam played, then me, and we had an incredibly fiddle player right along with us - threw of the blues vibe they had going but still great nonetheless. Eventually it got nuts and we had to begin finding private back rooms, but when we accidently all slipped into the models rooms where they were changing - things got um...interesting! Then we ended up on the 2nd floor of notsuoh's.....you peeps who know this place can summon up the greatest mental image of all....and we played guitar in a more intimate setting amongst mannequin's (dummy's might be an appropriate version of the word!), 100 year old show boxes that lined the walls, and what i can only describe as junk. I'm still going to have to find my neat vintage headband. Perhaps a ghost stole it.

I talked his buddy Sam into doing the impromptu show and he was cool about it. Robert had the most aweful cold which he assured me i will get now (????) so he just couldn't pull off getting on stage. I couldn't really pressure him.

I do have video of this jamming but i sorta made a pact with Tom that i wouldn't be making that sort of stuff public. I totally get that and wouldn't want to do that to someone who's moves are watched and within seconds all over the internet. give the guy a break. And being that they were all 24 they assured me that 29 isn't old even if they kept making me feel that way. Rob says "Wait, you're under 75, right? youre not old then". Okey Doke, i'll take it stranger.

I did my best not to pull out vampire talk, and allowed myself at least a few "Bella" remarks - aboslutely love Kristen Stewart! ha. Mostly we talked about learning Chinese, where we all wanted to live and do in the future, mad a bit of fun at a girl attempting to rap at a spoken word / poetry reading type of thing that was happening near by, talked about kids and the wonderful married life, tattoos, played guitar, sang, and then....well...what does momma do? Naturally i asked him if he wanted my autograph! (wink)

Sad that i could have googled "robert pattinson in houston" hours before i was DONE hanging out with him and found loads of pics. I found one of me in the first link and i'll attach it. Should have more later when i get to it. I'll give a few cell phone pics too. It was dark and i have NO flash on my BB curve (if someone can explain this to me, please do).

That's that. I'm glad my daugher isn't a teen yet and in love with him like everyone else in nearly every country. She may have been a bit angry with me, or jealous or something.

Good times. Sadly i have to go BACK again tonight to do a rehearsal for tomorrow nights fashion show i'm modeling in. And hair & make-up then could likely take forever, don't know how many girls i'll be modeling with. - things WILL slow down soon Erica! I promise. :-)

No comments: