


Meet Saturday. Saturday is our new 4 month old kitten we adopted from the SPCA. I think we all had many of our own reasons for wanting a new kitten around the house, but the cohesive thought was to pull Penelope out of her funk. She's depressed and fat. She meows at the door all day and all night. She darts for the open air when she could fit maybe a sliver of her thick body through. The girl is big yall!
It's sad and it has become something easy to ignore which I feel terrible to admit. I need to think about her feelings for a moment. She lost someone very close to her when Imi died and ever since then she has probably felt abandoned. I doubt she has any clue why Imi is gone. Instead of having sympathy I find myself getting annoyed when she howls, or getting mad because there is hair matted to the curtains because she is glued to the windows, dreaming of a better life outdoors.
I was determined to let her live that better life out doors and risk whatever it is that could happen out there than to live a painfully long life indoors with us.
I think she's already warming up to this spirited little Saturday! When I get home every day I look forward to Saturday....very literally, I am.
He's a cutey though, huh?!

No comments:
Post a Comment