Wednesday, December 30, 2009

On The Twelve Days of Christmas, My True Love Gave To Me!

Okay, seriously you could fit all of this into that song pretty much and it would make sense. The reason I'm becoming thrilled that 2009 is about to beat it is because I'm so busy with my last-minute doctors and I want it all to stop. At any given time I have the following open on my desktop:

Inbox

approx 7 emails

approx 3 new messages I have created and am working on simultaneously

2 Databases

Excel Spreadsheet for people not in my database

Online I have 3 windows open so I can flop between applications. If I close one out, then I might forget to do something. I don't even get a second to jot down a note and I just continue opening more until I get a breather (yea, right...a breather) to get all the work entered and saved before closing the app.

I also have open a window for our Data entry site for Key Cases and am constantly flipping between screens that are excruciatingly slow to load.

Archive files on all 1500 doctors I single-handedly track for Board Re-Certification.

I'll be on the phone with a doctor begging and pleading to make an exception to the rule, while another is on hold waiting to present me with his contention for the same. 4 or 5 Messages will begin piling up waiting my return phone call.

And lastly...gmail so I can see when my love emails me just to say hi and that Oliver peed on the floor. It just makes my day and feels like a total escape into normalcy.

Thanks you and back to the grind!

No comments: