Tuesday, December 16, 2008

ROCK on, Kiran!

My daughter, my nerd! I love her. I love her for reasons like this. She comes running inside to show me her name she built out of rocks. It was genious...and resourceful! She also wanted me to see her Venn Diagram. Yep. Her Venn Diagram! I think we need to buy her more toys for Christmas or something. You'd think she doesn't have any.

She is learning about the Venn Diagram in school. And if you read my earlier post about the fun we had at Math & Science night at Helms then you already know she's been really into it.

So what I love most about this is the artistic expression going on and the discipline behind it all. Me, I would have used about 8 rocks just to get the "K" out: 4 for the strait line then 2 shooting out each way. But the way Kiran's mind works is smarter. She's looking at how many rocks she has to work with(careful not to run out) and she's also keeping an artistic and inventive approach to it. She wants it to look pretty. I really dig it and I hope you do to. Just below and to the left of her name you'll see the 3 rocks: the Venn Diagram.


And, an actual Venn Diagram!

No comments: