After riding out that ferocious storm, and enduring 2 days with 2 small kids and no electricity, we wised up and headed to dallas. It wasn't an easy decision to make. You'd think STAY and NO POWER, GO and PURE COMFORT. But there were schools and jobs to take into consideration. We got lucky with both - my boss had sympathy and hoped we would get out of Houston. HISD is closed for about 10 days, so there's no point in having the kids sit here in the heat.
Daddy, I just wanted to say that I miss you guys more than ever and hope we get power very very soon so yall can come home to me and give me the hugs and kisses i so urgently need!
Mom, thanks for everything! The silver lining in all of this, of course, was being with the family. I loved every second of it.
Grandma and Papa - thank you also very much. I loved seeing you and loved seeing the new john's cafe with the exact same great food!
And for at least the next few weeks we won't be taking hot coffee, showers, and microwaves for granted. Afterall, we are Americans so that will only stick with us for so long.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
That weather forecast really stinks. We miss you too, but I have to say I'm glad the kids stayed. We've had a fun day!
I'm so glad. All I wanted was them to be comfortable..and Evan too of course. But I want them back!! I miss them too much.
i finally had a moment to check the blog! i wish you were here and not orlando. i keep knocking oliver over so he won't walk while you're gone.
well thank you daddy, that's how we know we're loved! you rock!
Post a Comment