Tuesday, July 15, 2008

So much going on!

image taken after we applied lipstick at the doctors office. too cute! (is it me, or does that look like a wig?!)

Doctor checkups, very conveniently, for both kids yesterday. And boy are these two kid TALL and HEALTHY!

Oliver is 21 pounds, and I think it was 29 inches! He's in the 95th percentile for height! He got a great bill of health. And to my surprise, after admitting he eats everything we do, even with two teeth, they were very okay wiht the transition. Probably helps that he's vegetarian and we're staying on top of the B vitamens and protein. She was pleased with that. Later on we can test for anemia and other things. But for now - table food with bottles are perfectly okay! And he's doing rather well with both for the time being.

Kiran is in the 90th percentile for height and is a full 36lbs! WOW. She was always 110th for height as a baby and toddler so she's obviously still very ahead there. She got 3 shots, bless her heart, and she did so well. There were tears, but that's fine. She stuck to what she agreed on: no flinching, or jumping around while they were giving them. To be honest, we only expected 1 shot, but she got 3 to Olivers' 1. So she was very brave and we were very proud. We took her out for ice cream after that just to show our appreciation. Sweet Cream with Oreo's and M&M's! Yummmm. Oliver had a taste too because cried maybe 3 seconds!

Now onto the new daycare. I can't say enough about how wonderful this Montesori school is. It's almost like, when you know you can't afford it, you pretend places this heavenly don't exist for your kids. Like they're forever stuck around verbally abusive, uneducated daycare workers, and peers that have absolutely no love or guidance in their lives. Maybe that is a tad harsh, but i guess i have a comparison to make now ya know? These people had me comforted the moment i walked in the door. No matter how much smoke was blown up my rear, I still knew what promises were kept here. I guess the more tuition you pay, the more these workers are paid to do a great job. Maybe for minimum wage, some feel it's okay to sit around watching soaps and telling kids to shut up. Or sitting on the phone after you've brought 3 movies from home is acceptable. Not to me, not any more. I'm doing what I can to keep Oliver there. We LOVE it. I'll work two jobs! Okay, not really.... : )

Today was technically the first day. Oliver was sleepy and it took a little bit for him to get used to his new caregiver. He did great though. Kiran instantly went into her beautiful new vibrant classroom and got to work. The woman who runs the place had me sneak a peak at her because "she looked so studius"!!! And she did, believe me. And on my way out, 45 minutes later, I went in to say good bye. Ms Anna said she was very impressed with how kiran zipped through their writing activity. I think they were writing their names and numbers, etc. She is helping these 4 and 5 year olds get ready for the coming school year! She said Kiran did amazingly well! I looked, it was much better than most of the class - but that's just one bragging mom!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU TO ALL THE WONDERFUL LADIES AT ERINN'S HEART!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

JC said...

When you have a chance post pictures from the new place, so I can imagine them in their new environment during the day. I can't wait to see them Friday!