Friday, July 25, 2008

Ear washing, who's heard of it?!

Kiran, the very biggest girl, is at the doctor with daddy today for an earwashing a bloodwork. I was actually surprised when at our appointment two weeks ago, we were told not to clean the earwax out of olivers ears. "Leave them alone for two years and bring him in for an earwashing" - as if I knew what this meant! I of course asked if it was new because they had the attitude of "we're the very best, we have all the up-to-date gadgets and always have." Well it was new, she just wanted to act like they had been doing a great job all along. Yeah, i'm not thrilled with our pediatrician or their office. Recommend one if you like!

Anyways, Olivers earwax is out of control. The times I have used a q-tip at the very edge (beleive me, i'm wayyy to scared to go in to far) i pull out a nasty thick mess of orange wax. I wondered if it was problematic because it can build up like that in just a few days. Oh well - i'm waiting the two years - doctors orders!

Back to Kiran, here she is this very momment! They inserted drops into her ears and then placed the cottonballs just on the inside with instructions to wait 20 minutes. 20 minutes for what?! What's going to happen? I'm so curious about this earwashing stuff! I invision a large and loud machine, liquids, squirting - the whole works. We shall see! (i gave her another haircut last night and did well! check out the cute short bangs)

Oh, and here is Kiran and Daddy talking toys. The little monkey is talking about his ear wash and blood work to the big monkey.

Did I mention another needle?! Yes, this poor girl has to have blood drawn today, so soon after her 3 shots last week. I feel for her because i remember how scarey needles are from my own childhood. I want to hug her. But daddy is there to do that. he could top it off with icecream too.
The bloodwork is to test for things like anemia. I love getting the results back and hearing that, Yes, this vegetarian as of 4 years, is still as clean as a whistle. I guess I could be suprised with some news, but I've always boasted about how much healthier she is than practically every kid around her.

me? ego?! hahahaha
****************************
UPDATED:

Kiran's response to the blood work, "It hurted a lot"

bless her heart

1 comment:

JC said...

I love it all, but where are the pictures from this week-end? Oh, and stay motivated. You can do it.