I'm sorry (to myself mostly) that I haven't made time to come by here and do my weigh-in's. I'm forced to do them on the WW site every monday and can't always sneak over here to repeat that.
Since mid-December when I was doing pretty well, I have actually seen as much as a 10lb increase in my weight! Yep, I've reached 145lbs!
So, let's back up a little.
WEIGH-IN #7: 137.0 (1.5 lb jump)
WEIGH-IN #8: 139.8 (2.8 lb jump)
WEIGH-IN #9: 139.2 (.8 lb loss)
WEIGH-IN #10: 139.2 (no change)
What you don't see in these above weigh-in's is that when I got down to 139.2 LAST week, i went up to 143lbs that very next day after weigh in. And i really want to point out that those jumps are occuring on days I do well. I know because i track all of the food I eat and any exercise I may get (which we all know that working 50 hours a week plus having kids leaves no time for that!). THEN, about 3 days after that i went up another 2 lbs. I was staring at 145 on my scale and I was in shock. Just 118lbs this summer (a great little number!) and now all of the sudden THIS!
I realize others my think 145 is great, but when you're built like me, a healthy vegetarian, PLUS doing a weight watchers program, it's just not okay. I carry it all in the middle and in my face and so it's very noticeable. To add to it, professional work attire has become a challenge every day.
I am happy that I was able to get back into the 130's but I assure you it wasn't water weight. My scale measures fat and water...and it was "FAT". What fat?!!!! What fat does a vegetarian really get in their diet....especially fats that can do that much damage to you in one week! I'm not asking for the ability to be able to go eat McDonalds 5 times a week and not gain a pound like so many can do! I simply don't want to continue to see this weight gain despite what I'm doing to prevent it.
So....now that i'm done complaining I have to confess. I still have yet to really see another doctor about this. I have seen one, and that was really just to rule out my medications I was taking and to have my thyroid checked. There are a host of other doctors taht can be seen that might have som einsight. Most will tell you stress even though the majority of them know that this isn't typical gain for someone in my position. I will eventually find one that will listen and will probably get to the bottom of it. Could take forever though. I may be 200lbs by the time I have time for additional doctor appointments outside of work.
There you have it...that's the "skinny" on what's been going on when I step onto that scale. :-) Let's see what next Monday brings.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment