Thursday, June 9, 2011

30 Days Till' 30

At this fateful time in my life, I find myself shielding the reality of aging.
See right there? I call it "aging", not "maturing" or "advancing" or "entering my prime".

I am a 20-Something turning into a 30-Nothing.

My youth is vanishing, my wrinkles are thriving. I've gotta stop being so cynical and be much more optomistic about the future. So, I guess I'm just hoping to spend this last 30 days of my peak years with a different outlook.

Heeellllpppppppppp!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Marina Reede said...

okay, one positive thing about turning 30, hopefully you'll be on the flipside of absolute suckiness in the workplacio! :) love you girl!! you just have more time to do MORE of what you love!!! :)
(from amy/marina)

Erica said...

Great point Ames, but.......well without saying "but" first, I'll say it's great that you didn't say "ONLY one positive thing". As you well know there are loads of wonderful things about the 30's. I'll keep that in mind. And you're right that typically once you hit 30, you're moving into your "career". On my way to work today I actually started to ask myself why my husband doesn't feel old at 33 (he'll be 33 tomorrow!!!) and why I'm here moaning in the end of my 20's. Well, he's accomplished a whole lot. Terrific childhood, doing a lot of typical things children do. Then he moves on to a great education after highschool, and drawing on everything he's learned and been interested in he begins a career. Not done yet - there's the MFA he will graduate from in 7 short months! I think it's fabulous. I guess this is where the "but" comes in. I just feel old because i haven't even finished college yet. I don't regret the wonderful things i've done in the meantime - they were all tremendously important to me, however I am still wanting that career and can't attain it all that easy. One day I'm one of those "I can conquer it all" types, then the next I feel defeated. I get overcome with my erratic frame of mind you know?