Finally, I'm coming around to this 28 thing. I really do mean it. My nature has always been embrace and accept whatever comes my way, and it's also my nature to be really dramatic the whole way there. Especially if I know it's coming. Most of my life I've been sort of blindsided by big events that I may not have wanted to come, and so, accept them I did! This whole ageing thing has been in the stars and I've wanted to look at the moon I guess.
It's not quite time for the botox party, but I have purchased 1 tube of anti-wrinkle cream thus far. I have to say I like it, though it adds another minute into my morning routine. All the creams and lotions...that's half of the morning right there. All totally worth it when some call me a teenager, right? But those days I forget my creams in Houston, Kiran questions whether I am older than my father in law. :-)
Introducing Laini Grace, Born July 1st!
She's my new favorite thing. I love her to itty bitty pieces. She's got cute punk rock hair, and her favorite thing is cuddling with her mommy and daddy, and playing with my new snuggle toy I got her. She also likes hiding her face from the paparazzi. They tell me she did this in the womb too!

2 comments:
Please allow an interjection here. While I understand your anxiety about leaving 27, I must say that life just keeps getting better the older we get! I know, I know...I'm all of 29, but I am seriously looking forward to what the 30's will bring. The 20's were fabulous for what they were and I sure did enjoy myself, but for me, at least, leaving them behind will bring a great big sigh of relief. 28 is really no big deal, sweets! You still look great, you're healthy and happy - - really the only things that matter! And in the great, wise words of R. Kelly (haha!), "age ain't nuthin' but a number."
XO
Amy, you're always so wise and calming! Thank you! And thanks much for the R. Kelly reference, I'm lost without it. Not almost a blink 182 reference. Ooooh, nasty!
I will embrace the 30's but this last leg of my twenties are painful for me. I can't put my finger on it, but give me a whole hand, an entire night, a few glasses of wine - you'll hear it all.
Post a Comment