Tuesday, May 1, 2007

DAY 4

I'm already blown away by how much has happened, and today, as my Mother-n-law arrives in town to help in last minute preparations, it sorta feels like the wedding day starts here.

Today is also the day I go pick up my dress, but I'm already disappointed in how things are turning out there. Being that I was never quoted, I was blown away by mention of what I owe in phone conversation a moment ago. What's more, it isn't even the alterations we spoke of just days ago. So I hate to have this attitude, but I'm afraid I will walk in to my final fitting disheartened. I know I should just reorganize my approach so that it doesn't end on a negative note, but I can't help but feel so anxious about my own dress just days before the wedding. Who wouldn't?

And when you're pregnant and emotions are high already, do you really think a "look on the bright side?" suggestion would make you feel any better?! It's so easy to be dramatic this week I guess.

And it's just too much money to have her go in and do what she said she would on top of what she's done. The "undo" fee could possibly feed a country.

*

How about a baby update for today to lift my spirits?! I'm now feeling little junior quite often and depending on how full my bladder is or how I'm laying it really can kinda sting! I LOVE the sting, though! Just love it! He can also hear clearly now that his ears have moved into their final position (we hope [*&@#*%U!!!]). This means he can hear daddy now! They say the most comforting sound is mom's heartbeat. I like the idea that rythm puts his tiny body to sleep. I hope my instruments and mad guitar skills will do the same when he's tiny tot in a basinet.

It's also time to really think about names. I've always liked Chord Makai, but I don't know if it feels right for this boy. Rather than just unique I wanted something old fashion and traditional. Vonnegut came to mind and I'm so stuck on it. But maybe it's just too much for too-thousand 7! I dunno. Von is a great nickname, but I don't want to punish him until he really deserves it! How do you name a 7 inch fetus?!!!!! ahhhhhH! And it's a great year for the name really, considering kurt's passing. And though the idea may have come from his name, it doesn't so much have anything to do with it other than I saw it and thought it would be perfect for my son.
So then, I thought it's a strong enough middle name, now what do we do in front? Oliver Vonnegut was daddy's suggestion and I really like it a lot! Today's contribution to the list would be: Seth Vonnegut

More on the list:
Aylin / Ailen
Elliot
Oliver
Ever
Jude
Cade
Chord
Zuriel
Gael (though I'm told NO!!!)
Art
Ash

Boy names are just too difficult. Can we just name him MAN so it's strong enough for society? (please recognize my sarcasm!)

No comments: