Tuesday, April 24, 2007

For Dana






Is anyone curious to see if I've broken down?! Well I have NOT, thank goodness. I am actually doing okay. Yesterdays doctor appointment helped me. Hearing that I'm healthy and that my blood pressure was "really really good" helped soothe me. In the height of all this stress and my imminent to-do list and the scores of decisions still to be made, i even started to stress about my stress levels! I thought I could be upsetting the baby with all my worry of getting things done on time.
So to get a report from my doctor and the radiologists that MY SON and I are doing great was the turning event!

Ha! Did I just say MY SON?! Yes it's a boy! Marvel at the beautiful pictures of him so completely cozy inside of his momma-made home! He's beautiful, just like his daddy! One little Boy for team-cleveland!

We are thrilled! But Kiran was not so tickled. The same 2 year old Kiran that insisted all along that this was a baby brother..that Momma was not growing a little girl, but rather a boy for her. When she got the news she seemed excited - or at least pleased that she had been right all along. But when Daddy picked her up from school it was another story. The regression kicked in as he peeked through the door at 4 O'Clock to find her standing there, back to the door, pee dripping down her leg. She was motionless. Moments later that was being dealt with and he tried to include her once more, "Kiran, what did momma tell you on the phone when she called today?!"
"That she loved me"
"Yeah? What else?"
Frown turns to pout turns to sob turns to real tears....
"Daddy....I want a baby sister".

You can't change this girls mind too easily. You just can't. My response to all of this, however: elated! I am just glad she has an opinion on it all. That means she's mulling it over in her mind! And I'm glad she really knew what was said to her.

Maybe she'll come around!

Well, off the baby topic and back on to the bells and whistles of my wedding that takes place in 11 days! I am feeling ready! Okay, I think I am. I find out of my gown alterations fit my belly in two days, and there is a start. We give final figures and checks away to rockefeller in our meeting on Friday. This meeting is one of the most important as far as sparing my sanity. We get to discuss timing, smaller details, coordination, the band set-up, etc! Thesse are the things I have so desparately wanted to nail down in my mind since I became engaged on September 29th! Man, they sure make you wait!
And after that, we will go apply for a marriage license. Now, just the whole thought of "application" makes me think I could be denied. Am I fit to be a wife? No one asked me if I was fit to be a mother when I became pregnant with Kiran! (however, all of my loving friends and family had a suprising over-confidence the MOMENT they found out!!!) Is there an interview process?! "Mam, have you been faithful in your past relationships?" "And Sir, are your intentions to be a devoted husband and father? Will you make it through all of her moodswings?"

Okay, maybe all that qualifies for being irrational. I'll stop there. I JUST KNOW I'LL PASS THIS TEST!

Please do enjoy the pictures of my son. begin a name-poll in the comments section if you like! And further, spend the next 10 days checking in for my countdown. I will no longer be a CRUZ! But hey, I'm moving up in the alphabet and gaining a LOT of beautiful people in family!

No comments: