Son, Happy Birthday! Being 4 will be a very fun time for you!
I started to really get sad last night. At dinner the family kept saying things like, "this is our last dinner with our 3 year old" "this is that last book we will read to our 3 year old" ..etc etc. Well, as we were reading Hank the Cowdog: Garbage Monsters From OuterSpace, I got really sad. I turned over a looked him in the eyes and just nearly came to tears when I told him I was going to miss his 3-year old self. He looked at me, and nearly had tears too. He said, "it's okay mom, it can still be just like this. We can still snuggle and I will still tell you that you're pretty". CHOKE! He is such a sweet ham. He has this thing lately where he says the tip of my eyelashes are so pretty. I usually can't ask him anything after that so that I can keep it together, but last night I asked him what was so pretty about them and he said that they were purple right there. Must have been the lighting but he keeps seeing it so who knows.
So, anyways, it took a special occasion like this to get me off my but and come make a post! I've actually been incredibly busy though! The move, the new jobs, new schools, house hunting and mounting bills - it takes its toll on you and coming here to update on all of THAT chaos just didn't seem worth it!
so, let us celebrate Senior Wickleton as he turns 4 today! It's his day!
Cheers!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment