Friday, July 22, 2011

Hello to Happy, Handsome, Hudson!

I want to introduce my new baby nephew, perfect in every way, to you all. Little guy was just under 7lbs but he was trying to trick everyone into thinking he was a chunker!
He gets to go home today to see his new digs, worlds apart from the space he was occupying before he got evicted July 20th! Me and my predictions...I thought today would be the day he was born, not the day he went home!

Imagning them driving home with that precious, precious cargo evokes so much feeling. My memories of doing that 2 times in this life are still right here with me. I can revive that intense feeling nearly as much as I can recall just how hot my first sip of coffee was this morning. They are too precious to put in a car seat once you've carried them in the confines of your womb; they are too precious to be on the road amongst the other drivers; they are too precious to hear a sound that isn't you singing to them on the inside of you. I can honestly say that second to the birth itself, there is nothing like it in the world when that time comes to drive them home from the hospital. You grip the steering wheel tightly, drive at least 15 mph UNDER the speed limit!

Getting there is a different story. The peace. The beginning. The love and devotion to your baby returns in a new form now that you're home and you're a family. (Finally! After 2 or more solid days of interuptions!) You discover all over again that you have this unmarked capacity to love someone that you didn't know you had. You take one look in their eyes and it's enough to realize that this person will teach you new things about life, yourself, your faith and outlook on life.

I can't wait to meet you, Hudson! Huddy Buddy! Huddleton.. (after "the wickleton" which we affectionately call Oliver from time to time!)!!!

Congratulations to you all!



2 comments:

JC said...

So Jaclyn started reading this to Tish and me and couldn't read two sentences before she broke down in tears. She kept trying to read and couldn't; Tish had to finish. Jaclyn and I just cried through the whole thing. Love love love it! And love you!

Erica said...

Aw! And of course our little guy is already smiling! More proof that he realizes he was given the best family in the world! I wish all sweet little babies could have our family!
Well tell Jaclyn I love her very much! She really did bring an Awesome little guy into the world. And kiss seƱor huddleton good night! I'll kiss him myself hopefully very soon!