SO...WHO THINKS I AM READY FOR OUR SHOW TOMORROW NIGHT?!.....

I accidently beheaded not MY guitar, but my fathers. He has kindly loaned me this Epiphone which I have grown quite close to these last 2 months and then yesterday I had a little "Whoopsy" at practice. Looking at it you'd think I got all rockstar on it, but the truth should be out there. We were at our soft and innocent little band practice when i gently swung the guitar behind my back as Gilbert, Jason, and I hummed out our little 3-part harmony. I only wanted to prevent the feedback that was sure to come. The guitar slipped and fell to the ground, the strap has never been a secure one, and it smashed all to bits. We were all in shock! Never has a guitar just busted into pieces because of a small fall. I have no good story to go along with the image, but maybe i want it that way! I'm not quite rockstar yet and won't try to pretend I am! <3
So i'll spend the next decade saving up for a replacement and will take loans from anyone who wants to offer them to such a reckless little mess like me!
Something else that should be out there....my dad's response when I called to confess and apologize was that of a true supporter. He said, "It's okay Erica. Calm down, it's only a guitar. You keep focusing on your music and don't worry about the guitar." awww, thanks daddy!
So as I save for my next guitar I may also want to save for one of these! An accordian and a vintage keyboard had a baby, my future baby, named a "harmonia". What a fun little thing to play with! I'm totally jealous Gilbert, as if you didn't know that already.

3 comments:
awww! so sorry that happened. lessons learned right! what an awesome response from your dad! :) i am so in awe of you playing again! funny i have a musician friend...was interested in at least one musician bf back in the day. :) have fun at practice and at your gigs! :) yay mommy scandalous!
Where's the show, and when will we be invited?
Like I said last night Mom, when it's not a weeknight and close to 11 when i play, I would love to have you come to a concert!
Post a Comment