Looking at these pictures are the only thing I need to remember exactly what it felt like to totally rupture with pleasure on a swing set. You wind up your seat until the chains are as twisted as they'll go and you quickly yank your feet up to your stomach and you begin twisting so fast that you can barely hold on. You have to curl youreself into a ball to keep from flying out of the swing and you feel like you're going 90 miles an hour, then slowly move to a pleasant and even spin. That look in her eye and smile on her mouth is the same one I had, and probably the same one you had too. It's the sweetest thing to look at! Ah, those simple pleasures. I feel like a failure of a parent if I don't see these often enough.
1 comment:
How do you like to go up in a swing?...
Post a Comment