It felt pretty amazing outside this morning when you weigh it against what our last few months have been like. It was somewhere in the high 60's (that really depends on your forecast source) and that's enough for a few goosebumps when you're in a skirt and sleeveless blouse. I absolutely love this time of year when each little cool front offers you a 2-3 day break from the intense heat. Then as it warms back up a little you know that you still have something to look forward to.
I find myself getting outside more, and obviously this is good for the kids. Over the weekend we went to the beach for a few hours plus had a dinner / pic-nic in our backyard that went on forever. Daddy made some brilliant pesto with basil from his garden! I can't wait to share some pics we took...just give me a few days.
It doesn't seem like we had a long summer at all. Wasn't late winter and early spring just yesterday? I mean Kiran was out of school, then right back in, though I'm sure that felt like ages for a little thing like herself! But generally speaking, I think the time is just flying by. Yes I'm enjoying the weather and have really been waiting for it...but in a few months I'll probably have forgotten the entire summer. This time last year we were all busy and excited thinking about Jaclyn and Nate's wedding, and those memories are still pretty fresh. At least I haven't let it all slip away as I "Go through the motions" each day. Now, let me get back to watching the rain! toodles!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment