For all of the excitement and hard work we went through with having a baby....wait, let me back up...there was that pregnancy thing. Now THAT was some hard work for him. We're talking 3-5 massages, raging hormones that relieved that "erica" girl from duty and replaced her with a monster on some days! There were at least 6 weeks of "Is this baby coming today"....can you guys imagine going through that big day like 80 times?! How did he endure that over and over again and still maintain sanity?!
I'm just saying this first year of marriage wasn't that calm before the storm where you can enjoy evenings on the porch when it's raining. Instead you're thinking "why is it raining so loud? it's going to wake up the kids!" We stood up to it though, and really enjoyed it and did it all together.
From day one we've enjoyed the simple things as long as we were doing them together. So if it's an evening at the grocery store, it's not dreaded because we were with each other.
And through the last 12 months I watched a family of kids, grandmothers, mothers, fathers, sisters grow so much nearer. The Clevelands are the most warm and affectionate family I could have possibly found. And really they are the ones who have helped us enjoy this year so immensely. We could not have built that comfort and that sense of "everything is going to be okay" without their help! THANK YOU!
And to put an image with what a small portion of this beautiful day of recollection has been like, you can behold my exquisite arrangement that he sent to my office! I almost have this little pang of guilt for every woman out there who I am certain don't have days like this! However, his father gave him his gentleman side, so there are a few ladies in this family who I know I'll hear from once they see them!
I LOVE YOU SO MUCH DEAR!

And 1920's inspired american cuisine will be served at Mark's tonight! Behold once more!



1 comment:
Wow! Those are exquisite! He certainly is like his father. You're a fortunate woman. But he's blessed as well with you! Thank you for the sweet sentiment. It's been a wonderful and amazing year for us as well. Much much love. Mom
Post a Comment