Wednesday, March 5, 2008

"She's a Genius" - Univ. of Texas



Kiran was studied by UT exactly one year ago. It took place at her school and they video-taped me interacting with her. I also did an interview with them and took part in a "parenting" survey that talks about style of parenting etc. They were incredibly impressed with her then, and showed up again yesterday to conduct another study with her.
5 Briefcases full of gadgets, cards, and experiments, and nearly 2 hours to work with!
Turns out my little 3-year old has the VOCABULARY of a 9-year old!!! Wow! I am on cloud 9 learning this. I knew it was amazing, we do nothing but talk to her and answer nearly all questions that come out of her curious mind.
They also made a point to tell every teacher at her school and every daycare worker there that she was above and beyond gifted and talented. It's so reassuring to hear someone else talk about her intellegence the way I do. Especially professionals in education.

So, we'll be getting a letter in the mail from University of Texas that I will carry with me to all the magnet schools in town until she gets into one!

Daddy and I are proud, Kiran is proud. And Oliver is getting exact same important interaction to expand his precious mind! : )

5 comments:

Josh Man said...

I knew she was a genius. She is after all a fan of "Da Bears" for Uncle Josue.

Lady RayRay said...

That’s so awesome! Of course she’s a genius she’s got great parents. Congrats

daddy cleaver said...

sigh...looks like your weekend was fun.

JC said...

It was; we missed you! Isn't it amazing that Kiran somehow got my genes!

Erica said...

you all crack me up. I'm taking ALL the credit for this. I'm the one who made her a BONKERS HEAD. Duh.