Thursday, July 5, 2007

Oliver Update

So I begin my 28th week tomorrow and we're really hitting some cool milestones in this 3rd trimester.
Olivers brain, which has been smooth up to this point, begins to get it's characteristic grooves. I feel the need to read and sing to him all week.
His longs are also now capable of breathing air which is a wonderful feeling. He doesn't have to be a fish anymore! : ) Even though he's still not ready to be on the outside yet, if he were born now he has an excellent chance of survival. Every mom feels great when they make it to that point in the pregnancy.

With kiran at this point I had probably already gained about 25 or 26lbs, which was right on target, but at the top of what was considered good and normal. This time I've gained 15lbs but I feel SO MUCH LARGER. Part of me hopes this summer will just fly by.

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

No comments: